Do You Need a License to Drive a Recreational Vehicle?

Recreational vehicles come in many different shapes and sizes. In Asheville, NC, the agents at Asheville Insurance Center offer insurance policies that cover RVs and a variety of recreational vehicles. Having the right type of policy in place is essential so that you can focus on having fun with your family instead of worrying about what will happen if you are involved in an accident.

Off-Road Vehicles

Off-road vehicles like ATVs and dune buggies that are designed to be taken over all types of terrain aren’t built for highway use. In most cases, no actual license is required if they are only used off-road. Recreational vehicles that are capable of being driven on the highway must be operated by a licensed driver if they are used on public roads.

Obey the Laws of the Road

Even though a recreational vehicle may not be built for highway use, it is still mandatory that laws are obeyed. If you are off-road, being courteous and lawful is common sense. Take the time to get to know North Carolina laws as they pertain to off-road and all-terrain recreational vehicles. This will make it easy for you to have fun with your family and ensure that you will not get into any trouble with your recreational vehicles.

At Asheville Insurance Center, each agent has both the knowledge and experience required to assist clients with all of their insurance needs. Owners of recreational vehicles who live in the Asheville, NC area are encouraged to call the agency to learn more about recreational insurance and the benefits it offers. Have fun, be safe, and call your agent today to get the peace of mind you need!