Keeping Your Home Safe From Winter Storms
Here in North Carolina, we get hit with winter storms from time to time. As a homeowner, you know the importance of getting your home ready for the cold months ahead. Check out these tips to keep your home safe from the ice, wind, and snow around the corner.
– Check up on your home insurance policy, and make sure you’re comfortable with your current level of coverage. If you’d like to increase coverage, talk with your agent about your options.
– Make sure your home has everything that you need for winter maintenance, just in case you’re unable to travel to get supplies. You’ve probably already thought about food and extra blankets for your family, but you’ll want to make sure you have plenty of salt, shovels, and snowblower fuel.
– Check your roof before it gets cold. If you notice any areas in need of repair, call a roofing company. You’ll save buckets of money doing this now than if you waited until your house develops water damage from being unprotected during a snowstorm.
– Clean out your gutters. The last thing you want during a storm is a mess of frozen leaves making it impossible for melting snow to drain off of your roof.
– For your pipes that are in an exterior wall, be sure to provide extra insulation. This doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated- simply wrapping them with a towel can get the job done.
Call Asheville Insurance Center, Serving Asheville, NC
If you’re in need of a home insurance policy, or you’d like to discuss your current coverage with us, don’t be a stranger! Stop into our office to chat with an agent about how we can help.